Lilypie First Birthday tickers

11.29.2007

November means my birthday!

I can't believe it's been the whole month of November and I haven't posted yet. It's been a busy month...


The first couple of days of November as always my favorite, as it leads up to my birthday! Laurin and I started the celebration on Friday, November 2. As our birthdays are 1 week to the day apart, we always do a celebration together. So we had lunch at Moe's. A favorite mexican food!!!


On Saturday, I got a treat. Matt gave me a gift certificate to get a massage before the wedding and I finally got my chance to use it. It was great to do a little shopping and then get a massage and then do a little more shopping. Saturday night, we did my birthday dinner. We went to Valentino's. I had never been there before but what a great Italian restaurant. We had a fabulous meal. Beef carpaccio, pasta, and grilled seafood! It was a treat.


After dinner, we went back to our neck of the woods and met some friends for birthday drinks! It is always a treat when people come to Franklin to hang out with us! We love it! However, we called it an early night. We had Titans tickets the next day!
Sunday morning we got up and went downtown to the Titans game. One of Matt's colleagues had given us tickets. So we had amazing club seats. Which is always nice!!! The Titans played a great game! We really enjoyed our afternoon, but it was HOT! We took coats and wore jeans and about melted!!!!
Monday was my big day! I finally turned 27! I don't feel any different. Imagine that....it was a good day at work...but working on your birthday is not fun...but as my mom put it...welcome to the grown up world! So the day passed and Matt picked me up from work to go meet friends for drinks! We had plans to go to cool springs, however, as we left my office, the sirens started going off and we were about to have a tornado!!! Needless to say we got stuck in all kinds of traffic and decided to call the night off in favor of doing things another night. However, as we sat in traffic, we went right by one of our favorite hang outs in Brentwood, Cross Corner, and decided it would be better to sit in a bar than in traffic. So we called everyone who was supposed to meet us and they agreed what a better spot. So Matt & I met Bill, Cindy, Marsha, Art, Johnny & Emily for drinks! We ended up staying for dinner and had a great time! Thanks to everyone who joined us! You made my birthday great!
About 9:30 Matt and I headed home! What a great birthday! Thanks to all of my friends and family who remembered me and called me on my birthday! It was great to hear from all of you and I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to everyone...but I love you all!!

No comments: