Lilypie First Birthday tickers

2.02.2010

6 months preggo...

So today marks the beginning of month 6 in this pregnancy.  I can't believe we have crossed the halfway mark and are on the down-hill side...not too much going on, yea right?!!  Baby girl is moving around a ton.  I feel her all the time which is pretty cool, except when I'm sleepy.  Sometimes it gets uncomfortable, but what can I say...at least she's moving around.  I keep making Matt put his hand on my stomach to see if he can feel her too.  I swear I can feel her when I put my hand on my tummy, but he says he can't yet.  Maybe it's my mind playing tricks on my hand.  Oh well!  I am finally starting to show a baby belly.  I finally look pregnant and not like I've gained 15 pounds...speaking of pounds, the doctor says I'm doing great on my weight gain.  7 pounds so far....so I think that's pretty good.  I have finally outgrown my regular clothes...and have started looking for maternity clothes.  I was happy to make it to 22 weeks before having to get into the stretchy pants.  But seriously, who designs maternity clothes...they are hideous...I have found 4 pieces I like...luckily, my sweetest friend Kimberly has a sister who was pregnant recently and said I could borrow her clothes.  Kimberly and Jenn, I am forever indebted to you for this.  Not only will it save me the trouble of searching for something cute, I won't have to go to the mall or shop online! 

Other than that, we are adjusting to getting ready for the baby.  I have finally selected fabric for the nursery bedding.  Now to put my art skills to use and draw out what I want.  That should be interesting.  But it's going to be pretty cool to tell baby girl that mommy's 1st grade teacher made her bedding.  Yup, you read that right.  My sweet 1st grade teacher and mom of some really good friends makes bedding and household items and has agreed to make my baby bedding for me.  Not only will she do a great job, but it's kind of cool and sentimental too!! Also, Matt and I went and began our baby registry a couple of weekends ago.  For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of going to Babies R Us, be warned.   Not only is it intimidating, but everything they have online isn't in the store.  Or at least that was the case with our Babies R Us.  We wandered around like chickens with our heads cut off looking at all the baby stuff,  decided to make some selections, only to come home and do more research, go to a different store and change our minds.  We only got through the big items before enough was enough.  But at least we have selected a car seat/stroller, swing, etc.  My mom is going to go back with me to do everything else.  Bless her and our sanity :)

Lastly, I know I keep referencing baby girl as "baby girl", but we still don't have a name.  We have it narrowed down to 2 names, but are having so much trouble choosing...I mean this kid is going to be stuck with this name for the rest of her life and I can't imagine having a 40 year old "Gracie Lou" on my hands!  When we have a name, I'll let ya know!

No comments: