Lilypie First Birthday tickers

12.31.2009

So much has happened in the past month that I don't even know where to begin.  The last time I posted it was about Thanksgiving and how much we have to be thankful for.   Well since that time, Christmas has come and gone and here we are at New Years Eve!  So many times I sat down to post, but since my home computer died, and my work computer was all I had, and I didn't have time to post at work in the last month, so well here I am, doing what I always do, play catch up.  So once again, here goes!








 Since we last left off, Matt and I attended the Ole Miss-LSU game, to which my Rebels won!  Thank the Lord that Les Miles has clock management issues, b/c LSU sure made a play for it at the end.  I mean, the whole crowd was shocked when the team started celebrating...it took a few seconds to figure out just what had happened.   But as always that was a fun weekend in Oxford.  Keith, Tracey, and the twins spent that weekend with us in Oxford and we had a blast.  Here are some fun pictures from that weekend!!

After our trip to Oxford, we headed to the lake for the Thanksgiving holiday.  We spent Thanksgiving with Matt's family.  On Thursday, it was Marsha, Jessica, Matt and I, which was really nice to have a low key weekend.  However, the coming days were anything but low key.  Matt's dad's family joined us for the weekend.  What a fun time we had!  I had a picture of the entire group somewhere, but now I can't seem to find it. 

The next weekend brought Martini's and Mistletoe, a fundraiser benefit for Cheekwood.  Matt and I served on the host committee for Cheekwood and we enjoyed seeing our hard work come to an end :)  The event was held at Cheekwood with a band, food, and open bar!  Last year, I definitely partook in the open bar, but this year it was Matt's turn.  I served as the designed driver for the evening.  A position I am getting used too!  Here we are at the party!



The next weekend, we went to Chicago for a long weekend.  Just the 2 of us.  It was so nice to get away and spend some quality time together.  We haven't been on a trip just the 2 of us since our honeymoon!  and it was great.  We did so much while we were in Chicago.  We ate at some amazing restaurants and saw lots of sites.  We froze too!!! When our flight landed in Chicago, the temperature was 1 degrees...that's right, this southern girl was in 1 degree weather with a windchill of -14 degrees.  But we still ventured out and tried to see as much as we could in the amount of time we could.  Of course, everything was all decorated for Christmas so that was so much fun seeing everything all done up!  We stayed at the Omni on Michigan Avenue and couldn't have picked a better location.  Literally you walked out our door and 2 of the 3 restaurants were right there and so was Michigan Ave.  We did shopping, went to the Field Museum and watched ice skaters at Millennium park.  We bought Christmas presents too!  SO MUCH FUN!!  The pictures below are from all over Chicago.



That brings us to the weekend before Christmas!  Can't you see how time has flown by...We finished up our Christmas shopping and started a new tradition.  We had dinner with the Maxcy's and the Kaeser's and exchanged gifts for the kids!  Since Johnny and Emily are the only one with a child, Chappell was the only one who go toys.  Baby H and Baby K got sweet blankets and Baby H got an outfit from the Kaesers and Baby K got a Sleep Sheep from us.  We had such a good time playing with Chappell and then had a great time having dinner and adult time....kind of a crazy thought of having "adult time"...when did we get to be the adults??!!  I guess when we starting having babies....obh well..It was such a fun night and tradition we look forward to every year going forward.  On Sunday afternoon, we spent the day with Marsha and had out Christmas with her.  It was nice to spend some quality time together before Marsha went to Charleston to spend Christmas with Jessica and we headed to Jackson to spend Christmas with my family.

On Wednesday, we headed to Jackson to spend Christmas with my family.  We had such a good time getting to see everyone.  We got there Wednesday afternoon and stayed until Sunday.  On Thursday, we ran some errands and just hung out.  We had prime rib for dinner and it was delicious!  Christmas morning rolled around and we opened our gifts.  My big present from Matt was and iMac.  and I was thrilled.  As my 2 faithful readers know, I have been in need of a computer for awhile, so I am now proud to say that I am sitting at my new computer happily typing away on the blog.  This thing is awesome.  and now if only I knew how to use it!  I guess I will figure it out with time....After Christmas morning, we all got dressed and started our holiday party.  All of my family came over and the party started!  Something around 30-35 people at my parents, eating, laughing and enjoying each other's company.  We missed my sweet cousin Reed, who is deployed to Okinawa (sp?).  The best part was when we were able to talk to him  on Skype.  I had never used this before and it was amazing. We were able to see Reed and talk to him.  It meant so much to us to be able to celebrate with him in even the tiniest way.  We all wanted him to know how much we missed him and how proud we were of him!  So at least he got to be included for a little while!  The party eventually closed down about 1:30...I'm not sure the last time I saw 1:30 but we had a good time :)  Saturday night, Matt, Adam, Carmen and I went and hung out with Keith and Tracey.  We always have such a good time together and a trip to Jackson would not be the same without seeing them!

Well, that about closes out December!  In the midst of all the crazy partying and traveling we were doing, we did manage to work and attend a few other holiday parties I forgot to mention.  All in all, it's been a great December.  I am still feeling good.  Just ready to know what you are Baby H!  Speaking of that, Matt and I had our 18 week appointment on Tuesday.  The doctor said everything looks great and we got to hear the baby's heart beat.  That's the 2nd time we have heard it (the first time was in early December).  Let me tell you what a great sound that is!!  When we first heard the heart, it was a faint sound and it took Dr. Cox a minute to find it.  Cut to 4 weeks later and geez, that heart beat was loud and easy to pick up! She had no trouble finding the heart beat and said it would only get louder and stronger with each visit!  On our 18 week appointment, Dr. Cox ordered our 20 week sonogram!  I can't believe we are half way through this pregnancy.  REALLY????!!!!  our 20 week sonogram is scheduled for January 11.  Only a week and a half before we know what Baby H is and then we start playing the naming game!  We can't wait!

I hope you had as a great a holiday season as we did!  We are headed to Dallas in the morning to cheer on the Rebels!  I hope to take lots of pictures with my new camera and have lots to share when we get back!  Hope for a win!!!  Have a happy and safe new years! and here's to 2010!  May it be an amazing year for all!!

No comments: