Lilypie First Birthday tickers

1.28.2009

Cotton Bowl 2009

As I mentioned in my last post in November, the Rebels were bowl eligible! Well believe it! They weren't only bowl eligible, they made it to the Cotton Bowl...one of the best non-BCS bowls. (BCS sucks anyway)...Matt and I thought long and hard about going to Dallas. We really wanted too. But really there wasn't a good way to get to Dallas from Nashville. It was like $300 per person for a plane ticket or 11 hours in the car. Either way wasn't a good option right after Christmas! So what's the next best thing to do??? THROW A PARTY! So that's what we did. We took the day off work and threw a party for all of our Rebel (and wannabe-Rebel friends)! The game started at 1, so friends starting coming over at 12! Needless to say, the party kept going through the evening as Art made jumbalaya and we were all sad to see Alabama lose (really, us Rebels weren't that sad, I mean they beat us!) It was great party with great friends and great food! One of the best highlights of the party!!! Emily and Johnny came in a little late, but were so excited to tell us they had just found out they were having a GIRL! (In case I forgot to mention this, our best friends, Emily & Johnny are pregnant). Needless to say, Matt and I are so thrilled for them! Baby Girl Maxcy due May 16th! Aunt Leslie and Uncle Matt can't wait!



and the Mom to be!!!! Smiling for the Camera!!!

1 comment:

The Laney Family said...

Hey girl- I just edited the photo in picisa- there is a function where you can add text- if you don't have it- I can make it for you and email it to you. let me know- it would be no problem at all...